Wednesday, February 4, 2009

apples and smashed bananas


Cora has food issues.  She started on solids in December and LOVED it.  She couldn't get enough.  Slowly, she started wanting less and less until she would just scream when we even just put the bib on her.  She decided that she didn't want food, only milk.  We tried all sorts of things: different times of day, different food temperatures, different foods.  She just fought it.  Anyway, the other day I was eating an apple.  She reached and reached for it until I let her taste it.  She sucked on it and really liked it.  Right then, I decided to have her try applesauce again.  After keeping down a few bites, I threw in some oatmeal.  She ate like a 6 month old baby should!  Right now, smashed bananas are her favorite probably because I let her play in them on her tray.  So much for starting with vegetables.  I hope I haven't ruined her.  


4 comments:

LieslPie said...

well, my girls DID start with vegetables and now all they want is candy so don't feel too bad.

C & E said...

She's getting so big! Tell Ryan Happy Birhtday for us. We wish you all were here so we could celebrate it. FYI Chad made it through the whole birth process pretty dang good. He was even able to sleep for awhile while we were waiting for things to get moving.

Jana said...

cute socks!

Melanie and Ernie said...

I gave Roman bananas and applesauce, I know I'm probably starting too early...oh well. He seems to enjoy it (only if it's mixed with cereal)...he doesn't like the bananas as much as the applesauce.