These past 5 years have sure flown by
They would’ve had no meaning without by my side.
Laughing, loving, praying and crying together,
Reminds me of our commitment to make it through the stormiest of weather.
Year one probably contained our biggest struggle
Adjusting to life, each other and how to snuggle.
You took care of me, after my jaw surgery
I helped you face your early morning issues with a lot of tissues.
But all in all, we learned and grew close
And I think that is what matters most.
Year two seemed as if it wore a disguise
Before I knew it, it had whizzed past my eyes.
I was still in college, working and getting the privilege of more responsibility
And you graduated Magna Cum Laude with your 4-year degree.
Year three we didn’t have much to worry about
It was the summer of pies and I still didn’t become very stout.
We made some memories floating down the river
Often eating sticks of laffy-taffy and watching you and your Dad shiver.
Year four was probably the most anticipated
With a 6-year degree in hand, I wondered if I had procrastinated.
For nearly 10 months you carried our precious cargo
Then one-day we decided on the name Cora instead of Margo.
Year five has now come and gone
I am still convinced that yes, our relationship is continually growing, firm and strong.
We were blessed with the arrival our beautiful daughter Cora
And I think now as I did then, that I would like more… uh?
And although Philly has been awfully tough
You’ve succeeded in making your arms nice and buff (and avoiding crime dog McGruff)
Well, I’m not going to lie, who knows what else God has in store for us
But believe me when I say “everything will be okay if we but trust.”
I love you Mugsy, little miss muffett, my sweet voice and meggy baby
One thing is for sure—you make my heart go crazy.
The time we’ve spent together has been short and memorable
But perhaps, the person I’ve seen you become is the most commendable.
I am excited to grow old with you now and for eternity
Maybe somewhere between now and then we can enjoy some serenity.
Anyway, I hope you know I love you my sweet
Especially after you the tens of thousands of times you make me rub your feet.

4 comments:
That is so sweet Ryan. You two are an amazing couple. I miss having you next door :(
What a sweet husband!! Very cute.
I think that is so sweet. I miss you guys.
You are such a sweet couple. We love you both and are so excited to be coming to see you very soon.
Post a Comment