Monday, August 31, 2009

my baby is still a baby



Even since Cora's birthday, I have felt a little sad that she is so grown up. Seriously, she can walk, can talk, can feed herself, she can 'read' her books, she has lots of her own opinions, she is getting so big so fast. This morning filled with a lot of crying and fits. She finally calmed down and fell asleep in my arms. She wouldn't let me put her down. At first I was annoyed, then I realized that she is still a baby and she needs her mommy. For whatever reason, she needed the comfort and love that only I could give. As I sat holding this breathingly beautiful baby girl in my arms, I thought about the special times that Cora and I have shared over this past 13 months. She and I have hardly spent any time at all apart and so we have gone through all the ups and downs of the past year completely together. As big and strong and smart as she has grown to be, I was reassured that she is still my baby. And always will be. She slept for nearly 2 hours while I held her. I needed it.

7 comments:

Melanie and Ernie said...

That's sweet...I'm glad you got that with her. I just recently had that same thought with Roman. It's so sad they grow up way too fast.

Samantha said...

That is sweet! They get to the point when they only need you for cutting them a piece of cheese or getting ice out of the tray. I miss that about the baby stage...and to tell you the truth I really don't remember many of those moment you just described...life gets in the way and you forget...we didn't have blogs when my kids were babies. If they had I think I would have more stuff written down.

chelseyandmatt said...

I love this post~!! So true. You are such a good mommy!! IT's so nice that you have this blog to write stuff like that down too-and never forget it!! She is soo cute too--I'm sure I have told you that before:)

LieslPie said...

tell me about it....my girls are basically adults.

tothe4thfloor said...

I totally agree with you. I went through the same feelings at that age with Marisa and even now that my second child is born i feel it even more toward Marisa. Marisa and I have been through everything together for the past 2 years. My little buddy. Even almost being 2 1/2 years old she still ask me "hold you?" meaning hold me mommy. And even though she is not little anymore I will take my big girl into my arms and cuddle with her. Still my baby.

Tara said...

This post made my cry. I have been feeling a lot this week the loss of my baby girl - with no other baby on the way - and I hate the growing up stages. But then she asked last night if she could sit on my lap and while she barely fit there, she still could. And she was still my baby, big as she is. I love you and I love Cora! Thanks for sharing this sweet post!

Julee said...

Megan, You are still my baby!! I love you so much. Mom