Cora decided that the big girl bed is ok to sleep in every night. Since we have no reason to kick her out of the crib (other than the jumping out of the crib routinely), we let Cora lead the transition from the crib to a big bed. She looks so little in the big bed. This was one of the hardest milestones for me to accept. Where did my baby go? What am I supposed to do with an empty crib?
I made another shirt. I put away all of Cora's clothes that don't fit and took inventory of what she had. She's outgrown most of the hand-me-downs so I have lots of sewing in the works.
Here's the front. Just out of the bath, wet hair and all.
One of my goals for the year was to do weekly family journaling. I'm too cheap to buy sketchbooks when we have quality art paper at home, so I made our own sketchbooks. Every Sunday we get out our Art Journals (or regular journals) and draw or write whatever we want. Cora LOVES it! She totally draws stuff and tells me what it is. I already love what she has created and I love that I have built in journal time.
nice concentration.
I love this picture because the girls are doing their classic 'say cheese' smiles. The BEST part about our life this past 2 1/2 yrs of grad school is the people that have become my friends. The WORST part is that they (and we) are all temporary and inevitably move away. It is bittersweet. I am so sad this little family just moved away, but I feel so lucky to have had the short time with them. Cora will certainly miss the girls.
Lots of fun times.
I just had to throw this one in 'cause she's too cute.

5 comments:
Love this! What sort of fabric are you using for Cora's shirt? Is it a knit or woven? I just got my sewing machine out today and am feeling really inspired, so I'm just curious what you are up to :) I'd love to trade sewing stories!
Also, how do you get your photos to post side by side? I have the hardest time!!
i think i know what to do about an empty crib! Excited to see you all soon!
It's sad to put them in a big bed...not babies anymore. I think I know where loriol is headed with filling that crib up...it's what we're doing...hahaha. Cute journal idea and such a cute little girl!
Such a great idea about journaling. Love all the pics of Cora :)
I think Cora could use another blanket, pillow, or toy in bed with her. ;)
Post a Comment