Cora turned 3 on July 27th. I love Cora as a three year old. I do miss baby Cora, but big girl Cora is pretty fun. I think whoever said, "Enjoy your kids" was referring specifically to this age. Ryan and I are constantly chuckling and smiling at the funny things she says and does. I love the innocence, but I love that she is so smart about things. I do miss naps. She was never a good napper, but the only time she has napped in the past few months were on days that she was sick. Awesome. We try for an hour of quiet time each day, but that is hit or miss. She is one wound up kid. She even has said to me, "I can't relax" or "I can't chill out." haha. She sounds like she came from me.
Back to the birthday..... When talking with her about her upcoming birthday, she really thought the cake was important. I even asked her what would she like as a present and she though real hard and then said, "a rainbow cake with sprinklers." She helped me bake the cake, although she was ultimately disappointed when I wouldn't let her eat it right out of the oven. She did manage to take a handful chunk off the side.
The night before, I decorated our apt with balloons. I tried to make a balloon rainbow for her. She was so excited to see the hallway doorways had balloons that she could walk through.
She said she wanted a braid, so I did a front little french braid to keep her hair out of her eyes. But she said she needed the rest braided.....so on her birthday she ended up with a braided crown. Cora LOVED it.
When it was cake time, she helped me whip the cream, spread on the "cloud" and sprinkle the 'sprinklers' on top. I'm glad she was thrilled about the rainbow dots in the cake and the cloud on top because it really was a sad looking cake.
It was a great day. Ryan even had the rare day off (the drs went to a conference) so we had the whole day for family time. What a treat!

5 comments:
I cannot believe she is already 3! Such a cute girl :)
I love the rainbow balloons! What a fun idea. Cora's request for "sprinklers" is especially cute too.
cora is adorable!!!!!!! i love her, but she just needs to 'chill out'. JUST KIDDING!!!
What a fun birthday! That's awesome Ryan could be home the whole day with you. I don't know how you've survived pregnancy without naps. I would be one grumpy momma!
happy bday Cora! It's crazy how fast time flies.
Post a Comment