Sunday, September 18, 2011

thursdays

Thursdays are exciting days for us.  My dining room transforms into a complete dance studio.  





Here's the story.  I don't know where she got it, but she has been talking about 'dance class' for months now.  We kept saying that when she turned 3, she would be old enough to go.  Well, I looked into the actual dance classes in the community and found that it was way out of budget for us this year.  I just couldn't let her down.  I spent a few weeks thinking of ideas and then it came to me.  I could teach a 3 year old dance class.  Seriously funny, but Cora thinks it's the real deal because a couple of other little girls come over with their dance clothes on and we learn real dance positions and steps.  I feel a little silly teaching a dance class with so little experience and having such a big belly, but it is working out.  Cora has a blast and even practices on her own outside of class.   The research and planning has created a big mental diversion for me.  I hope to get some pictures of the actual class sometime soon.  Cheers to Thursdays!

Oh, if Cora looks bigger to you in these pictures, it's because she did indeed grow.  She grew 3 inches in the past 6 months and hasn't gained a pound in a year.  Woah.  She looks like a big kid compared to the baby she seemed last year.  I love her so much.  

7 comments:

Jana said...

I was just thinking that Coco looks so tall and slender. She sure has grown! Pretty ballerina, I love it. I really like that the pregnant lady is teaching the class. I might need a picture of that!

Samantha said...

She does look big...she will look huge when you bring the new baby home...it is a rude awakening!!! Good thinking on the dance class, good thing she is still little enough to buy that.

Samantha said...

Megan, would you e-mail me your new address, I found a book of Ryans while trying to clean out some boxes....it had probably been in the box for 10 years, I don't know we ended up with it. So I am sorry I am just now finding it for you guys. It is a Book of Mormon Stories book that Grandma Hayes gave to him...I will sent it.

LieslPie said...

super duper duper duper cute pictures!

Tau said...

Way to go...that is awesome. Have Ryan share some of his dance moves...and definitely get some video and pics of that. ;)

Julee said...

These are the cutest pictures ever. I agree, we need to see pictures of the teacher too!! Way way cute!

Melanie said...

LOVE!!!