Monday, November 30, 2009

backtracking


In October, we ventured back to DC to visit family, go to the temple, and have a little fun at the zoo. The flamingos were our favorite of the day. See, the kids can't keep their eyes off of them.

Cora was a butterfly for Hallween.

We even carved a pumpkin with some friends.

Cora and I went on lots and lots of walks playing in the leaves. Cora loves leaves.


We played at home lots and with other little friends at playgroup.

Of course, we made it to the library weekly. What kid doesn't love pulling all the books off the shelves?

Then our real adventure began. In November, Cora and I left Ryan to study and we went to visit family in Utah. Cora was greeted by two crazy twin cousins who were shocked to see that "baby Cora walks!!" We got to visit with family both on my side and on Ryan's side. I wish we were closer so the cousins could grow up best friends. (As a side note: trips to utah are awesome, of course, but at the same time it is also difficult to do everything and see everyone that i would like to. Most of my time was spent making memories with my family, but I would have enjoyed visiting with old friends. Don't feel bad if I didn't call you. Just know that I didn't call anyone.)

My dad and I wrapped Cora up all snug in the twins' coats and went on early morning walks outside until it got too cold, then we went to the track each morning (and when I say early, i am meaning 5AM early. can you say jet lag?)

Then, Cora did what Cora does best. Eat, explore, and play.




I even was able to celebrate liesl's birthday! She got a new old house for her birthday. it is so cool. i want to move right in with her.

I was able to catch church at the MTC on my parent's last week as missionaries. Church is always fun at the MTC, especially since it is only 1 hr. haha. I thought Cora was cute that day and this is the only photographic evidence that I was in Utah.

this post is long enough. the end.

4 comments:

Amber said...

4 things:

1 - you do have the cutest daugther ever.

2- I am glad you enjoyed your trip to Utah.

3- Your orange cute is darling

4 - you look great!

Jana said...

I didn't know Cora had so many cute pairs of tights. I'm inspired!

Julee said...

Cutest butterfly ever!!

Jaime said...

so, being a photographer myself, i totally have authority on this, but those pictures of cora outside in the snow and leaves are great! great composition and everything. way to go megan!