Saturday, June 28, 2008

Ward Camp Out minus the Camp Out and Other Short Stories


Ward Camp Out minus the Camp Out : This weekend was our ward camp out.  We are on activities committee, so we were quite involved.  Everything was well thought out and planned, but some things are completely unavoidable.  Thursday night we found out that the Bishop had a death in the family so he could not attend or do his little talk.  We also found out that there was some MAJOR miscommunication with our reservation at the campground.  We had the pavilion, but NO campsites.  It is not any one's fault, but there was some serious issues with how the place is ran and organized.  Anyway, we had the Ward Camp Out without the actual Camp Out part.  Ryan was the MC as usual.  All of the activities, program, and food turned out really good (except the fact that we had to deal with frozen solid meat at the time of cooking....hahah). 
I didn't take any pictures this year, but I do have pictures from last year.  It looked pretty much the same, but just imagine everyone looking a year older. 

Candy Jar Guessing Game : So everyone played this in elementary school.  We did this at the Ward activity as well.  The couple who put the jar together put in king sized candy bars mixed in with tiny candies just to make it really hard to guess.  I guessed 84 pieces.  They announced that they were going to reveal the winner in 1 minute, so a few more people put their guess on the list.  The last guess was the ACTUAL number of candy pieces in the jar.  87!!  I was so close.  In fact, I was runner up.  I didn't really want the entire jar of candy, I just really wanted a Kit Kat.  It was pretty funny.  But the really funny part was the fact that we heard our door bell ring at 11:00 pm that night.  It was our friend who was dropping off 4 Kit Kat bars for me. It was pretty funny.  Thank you Jeff.  
I totally already ate the Caramel Kit Kat.  I had never eaten one before.  I still like the original one the best.  

When do you ask for help? : So I totally have been getting that nasty pregnancy mouth taste.  To me, the taste is a combination of throw-up, metal, and blood.  Nothing really helps, but drinking Gatorade is a slight improvement.  We usually have a few bottles of it in the fridge for me.  Ryan was at work and I was dying of the nasty mouth plague.  I tried and tried and tried to open the TWO Gatorade's we had in the fridge.  I don't know why, but I totally couldn't open it.  I seriously spent probably 30 minutes trying everything I could possibly think of to open those stupid bottles.  I finally gave up, but I almost went to ask my neighbor for help.  I was too embarrassed, but if it ever happens again, I totally will.  So, instead of the Gatorade, I took a sip of grape juice.....it was horrible.  I just waited it out until Ryan came home from work and saved me.  

"Orange Toes. Orange Toes. Orange Toes." : I went to Liesl's in Lehi the other day to hang out with my sisters and nieces for the day.  When the twins took their nap we decided to give each other pedicures.  Jana started on me and Liesl went to satisfy her sugar fix for the day for making the awesomest oatmeal cookies with fudgy centers.  My feet have been neglected for like....ever.  I never really do my nails.  So, it was taking forever.  Jana worked on them......Liesl worked on them.  Then the girls woke up.  Liesl was in the middle of painting my toenails orange and both of the girls kept saying "orange toes.  orange toes.  orange toes."  It was really cute so they got their toenails painted as well.  Overall, we were all going to do pedicures, but it turned out that my feet were so nasty, that I took up the whole time.  Sorry.  I'll try to keep up so it is easier next time. 


Also, my feet have been SUPER swollen because of the pregnancy and the heat.  I actually can't put on ANY of my shoes right now.  Ryan adjusted my chaco sandals for the second time, but I also bought these lovely flip flops at Old Navy for just $1!  It's not very often that you can find something worthwhile for only $1.  

Do I look like I have to pee that bad? : I was at a public restroom the other day.  (I am forced to frequent public restrooms more than ever now-a-days.)  There was a short line.  I wasn't about to wet my pants or anything, but the girl at the front looked at me and say, "oh, you can go next."  I said I was fine and could wait my turn, but she completely insisted that I go first.  It was nice of her and I guess that is just one of the perks for being enormously pregnant but, I mean, really, do I look like I have to pee that bad?  

3 comments:

Melanie said...

That happened to me the other day too. It was really thoughtful, but the same thought occured to me as well. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one.

Justin said...

Sounds like you've had quite the experiences over the last week.....hope everything is well!

Jana said...

You're feet weren't THAT bad...just a little bad. J/K. Really you just deserved the pampering and it was fun for all of us!

I love the bathroom story. It is so funny and sweet at the same time.