Friday, May 23, 2008

true love #9

This is a timely true love. The Spring Quilt Market was last weekend in Portland. I look forward to every May and October to see what is debuted at the market. It is closed to public, for only trade members only...so hopefully one day I will be able to go! For those of you who don't know, the Quilt Market is the place that new fabric lines are unveiled by their designers as well as new pattern designs for not only quilts but every kind of pattern. The market sets the stage for the latest trends in art, design, and sewing. Although it usually takes a week or so for the new designs to surface to the public, I have read/seen a few things. Here are some links of my favorites so far:


Anna Maria Horner - Artist and Fabric Designer


Heather Bailey - My favorite Fabric/Pattern Designer (with TWO new lines that I haven't seen yet, but she will post soon)


Amy Butler - Fabric and Pattern Designer (probably the most well-known/popular)

Liesl with Oliver & S - Children's pattern designer (this is who I did pattern editing/review for)

Chelsea - children's clothing pattern designer

Grand Revival Designs - Fabric 

Sandy Henderson - New Fabric Designer

Sorry no pictures, but follow the links and you will see TONS of good stuff!

3 comments:

Ryan said...

You are quite the quilter. It is truly one of you talents because you are sure great at it, among the hundred other things you do.

Jana said...

Too bad we couldn't get into the market! We're outsiders.

Monica said...

Very interesting. I learn new things from you two every day.