Saturday, March 14, 2009

tag: your it

I've been tagged several times the past few months, so this is my attempt at '25 random things about me.'  Tags are the weirdest things.  Don't laugh at me.  


  1. I really like figs. 
  2. And I like molasses.
  3. If I had to eat the same thing everyday for the rest of my life, I would want oatmeal, bananas, peanut butter, and spinach.  I eat that everyday anyway. 
  4. That’s a lot of talk about food.  My appetite has increased a tons because of nursing.  I am sure I eat more now than even while I was pregnant. 
  5. I love being a mom.  It is the hardest but most rewarding thing I have ever done.  I also love that my mom thinks that she is getting sweet revenge when I call her with my baby problems. 
  6. I am starting to actually like it here.  It has been a challenge for me to adjust living here.  I don’t think it was the place that I struggled with; it was more all of the major life changes all at once that was a challenge to me. 
  7. I wish my family lived closer.  Next door would be perfect. 
  8. Ryan is a very supportive husband.  He calls during most of his breaks.  He helps me be a better person.  He is very good with Cora. He makes sure that I am happy.  I’m glad we got married so young.
  9. It will be a glorious day when I have my very own washer and dryer.  As annoying as coin laundry is, it totally could be worse.
  10. The mail man knows me by name.  How cool is that?  Does your mail man know you?  He only knows me because I pretty much stalked him for a week and a half while I was expecting a package. The funny thing is that the package finally came…..UPS. 
  11. Some days I leave Cora in her PJ’s all day because babies are so cute and snuggly in their pajamas.  Other days I change her 15 times because it is just so fun playing dress up with a real live baby doll.       
  12. I love hand-me-downs, second hand, and borrowed stuff.  Of course I like to get things brand new, but I don’t mind being the second user.  Thanks to everyone that has given me stuff, let me borrow stuff, or let me buy stuff for cheap from you.  I hope I can return the favor. 
  13. Running is my thing.  I don’t run to win a race.  I don’t run to be the fastest or best.  I run for me.  I run to keep my sanity.  I think it’s all about the endorphins.
  14. I can’t go to bed until the dishes are done. 
  15. I have a hard time falling asleep if Ryan is not home.  The second I hear him come in I can crash.  
  16. I made bread today.
  17. It tasted good but didn’t rise as much as usual. 
  18. It is hard to write 25 random things about yourself.
  19. I think I am ending here.

 Now that I did it, it's YOUR turn.

4 comments:

Ryan said...

Good job! Those are all very true EXCEPT you could survive on peas too.

Jana said...

This was a fun 19 "25 things about me"! Do I get bread when I get to your place tomorrow!!!

SydneyMin said...

That was great to learn all those things about you! I'm sure Cora will love reading that when she is older to get to know the "younger" you :) Thanks for everything you are doing, Megan. You are awesome :) And I'm glad you're settling in to life in Philly. We're lucky to have you around!

tothe4thfloor said...

I have a really hard time sleeping by myself too. And with busy season from January to April it happens a lot. But seriously the second Tim walks in the house I am fast asleep. Comfort and protection of a husband I guess!