WAHOO! We are on our way to getting a good nights sleep. After our last visit with he pediatrician, I knew we needed to help Cora sleep through the night. She just really likes to nurse and usually wakes up 2 or 3 (sometimes more) times a night. At first it was ok, but she is SEVEN months old. The doc promised that she would be close to sleeping through the night after 3 nights of not getting her out of her crib and just letting her cry. This is a rundown of our last three nights:
Sunday Night
6:45 pm - Bed (I know it is early. She'll be ready for daylight savings on Monday).
9:10 pm - Cora woke up. I am a sucker and fed her one last time.
3:00 am - Cora up and cried until after 5:00 am
6:00 am - Cora up, I fed her, and we went back to bed
7:00 am - Up for the day
Monday Night
7:00 pm - Bed
10:50 pm - Cora cried until 11:15 pm
3:15 am - Cora up and cried until 4:30 am
5:30 am - Cora up and I fed her. Back to bed.
7:00 am - Up for the day
Tuesday Night
6:45 pm - Bed
4:15 am - Cora cried until 4:50 am
7:00 am - Cora up and I fed her. Up for the day!
Everyday got better and better. Sunday we dealt with about 2 hrs of crying. Monday was about 1.5 hrs of crying. Tuesday Cora only cried for 35 min and went 12 hours! She is doing so good and we are one our way to getting some good sleep! I bet the neighbors are happy.
Why didn't we do this sooner?

8 comments:
Yea! I'm so happy for you, Megan :) A happier mommy will make for a happier Cora, even if she does cry in the middle of the night once in a while. Way to stick to your guns!
That is great!!! There will be a lot more "why didn't I do this sooner"s to come. I think if I had a baby now I would know everything to do and not to do...Too bad I didn't see it then...Keep up the good work!
That is awesome!! We waited until your oldest brother was 9 months old before we did what you are doing. Boy he had our number!! You are doing great and so is Cora! Keep up the good work. Mom
That's great! More sleep for everyone in the nights to come!
I need to do this...you are my hero for getting it done...maybe I'll get the courage one of these days. One night this week he went from 8pm until 3am then until 7am. That was an awesome night.
wow. you are such a trooper!
That was the hardest thing to deal with, and I waited until Dylan was seven months too. In the long run it is so worth it. I'm happy to hear that y'all put your foot down, despite what your neighbors may think!
YAY! More sleep!
Post a Comment